I just bought two tickets for me and my wife to the 2-nd Annual Business Gives Back event that will take place this coming Saturday. If you are in the GWSB community and somehow missed multiple prompts and invitations to this event in the busyness of your days, you still have a chance to register and buy tickets online till tomorrow. Here are just a few highlights of this event from the invitation flyer and other promotional materials:
- In line with the George Washington School of Business pillars: “Act Responsibly, Lead Passionately, Think Globally,” Business Gives Back is a student-led initiative celebrating a commitment to responsible business and social change.
- Three student-led initiatives will be selected by a student panel to compete for the funds raised at the event. The initiatives showcased must be nascent nonprofits or community service groups founded or led by current GWSB students that, as a reflection of the GWSB pillars, make a positive impact within the D.C. and global communities.
- An evening of music and fellowship recognizing community initiatives led by George Washington University School of Business students and alumni.
- The evening will feature musical performances by current GWSB graduate students. Cocktails and refreshments will be served.
- Remarks by Dean Guthrie and Dean Riddle
I hope to take a few pictures and have a brief report on the event afterwards. For me, in addition to supporting a good cause, it will be another opportunity to network with my fellow MBA, and undergrad students, as I acknowledged before the lack of such opportunities for part-time MBA students due to busy schedules.
See you there!